My fish had babies! Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you. I have a lot of plants so they could be hidden just have not seen them lately, but thank you.

Jimmy

The fry is so small my camera wouldn't do justice. I only saw it once yesterday. They are so small, good thing I have lots of java moss! Thanks for asking though.

Thanks, might not know until it gets bigger. Sometimes I don't know what new is growing in my tank until all at once it appears!

I could pretty much guarantee that your fry is/was a platy. They are almost always gravid when you purchse them if they were being kept in a mixed gender tank. I don't know about the eggs though. Fry don't often last in a community tank though. Sometimes if you prvide enough cover you will have some survivors. Livebearers first drops are often really small, so it is more likely for all the for to get eaten because every individual fry stands out like it has an "eat me" sign taped to it. Bur, fry can survive if they are good hiders.

Back
Top Bottom