My Guppy Tail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Incogneto21

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi my Fancy Tail Male Guppy Tail has really tiny shreds (splits) and it's only him and a Candy-Stripe Pleco. What can it be? My water is really good.

DONT GET GUPPIES THREE DEATHS IVE HAD WITH THEM!!!!! Ps idk but mine died from that sort of thing it might be the breed type to. Well good luck i got nothing just change water and well idk

I have 7 guppies at this moment and all are super healthy and active. I don't think it's a problem with guppies in general. I've always has guppies. One that I picked up from my LFS has a shredded tail and didn't notice until I got home. Dies the next day. I don't know why, but maybe it's some sort of guppy disease? I think mine was picked on in the tank at the LFS.

I agree. In my experience they're a fairly hardy fish. Made it through my accidental fish in cycling (eek)

I think a lot of the most popular fish (goldfish,guppies, bettas etc) get that way in part due to being the hardest to accidentally kill :-D

Give them some melafix. Do water changes. Should heal up.

Back
Top Bottom