My red tail shark wont eat!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

martintanks91

Aquarium Advice Freak
My red tail shark is always hiding when its feeding time. What can i do? I have a 80 gal tropical tank with neons, rummy nose, red eye tetras and a pleco. Please help

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Try feeding close to when you turn off the tank lights. Red Tails tend to be nocturnal, so they don't usually come out to eat until everyone else is settling in for bed.

Try feeding close to when you turn off the tank lights. Red Tails tend to be nocturnal, so they don't usually come out to eat until everyone else is settling in for bed.

x2 definitely more active at night.

does it look well-fed?

In my QT he was fine and ate Well but since i moved him im my 80 gal he hasnt been eating anything. Im gonna try to feed at night time

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Don't worry if you don't see them eat. I've had a Pictus catfish and Rainbow shark for three years and I've never seen either one of them eat. I drop in a few algae wafers when I turn off the lights for the night. I know they're eating or they would have died years ago. In fact, both fish look REALLY well fed!!

He's eating at night. No healthy child ever starved itself to death.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom