Need Angelfish advice/ have black molly trouble

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

moochie60

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I've had my tank (75 g) since August and I bought a pair of striped angel fish back in September. They seemed to be a mating pair (although that was not a goal of mine) as they were doing the "lip locking" dance I've seen described, then suddenly one of them died about 3 weeks ago. The surviving angelfish seems to be slowly pining away now. I tried to buy it a new black angelfish companion but unfortunitely it came in a the tank a bit weak and and they were never willing to "bond" (The black angelfish never became stronger and died about 2 weeks after coming into the tank)
Now the angelfish is really timid. I bought the fish a new type of food (colorbits) at the beginning of the month which the angelfish is rejecting, it is also refusing its old flake food. The only thing it is willing to eat is freeze dried blood worms.
Which brings me to my second problem which is an extremely aggressive black molly. Especially at feeding time. It's attacking all the other fish. It gets at its most agressive when I put in the worms, not allowing the angelfish or the other fish to eat any of them. (I put the worms in after the standard food)

Sorry a bit long but here are the questions
This is my first time owning angelfish so is behavior typical and the fish will snap out of it or is it going to continue to starve itself until something changes.
Should I be looking a for a new angelfish companion and will it reject all future angelfish?
Is there anything that can be done to calm the molly? I've never had one act agressively before this one!

It might also be good to know that my water tests are normal, tank at 75. No other troubles with sick fish or diseases in tank.

I do know that angelfish prefer warmer water, like 82*, but that's about it. Hopefully someone else will chime in!

Back
Top Bottom