Need help and advice on how to keep guppies, shrimp and neon tetras temporarily.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Assassin

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm trying to reset my tropical aquascape and I would like some tips from the professionals who have done this before. I currently have neon tetras, alot of guppies and shrimp aswell. However, during my rescape I need to relocate them somewhere else. I have thought of some ideas such as giving them to friends who have aquariums to keep for a bit, or putting them in a giant plastic tub with sponge filters (sort of a quarantine tank, hasn't been set up yet). I am not in a hurry to rescape it but the sooner the better. Also, some advice on how to catch the fish, if I should seperate them and also some tips on starting a new one would be much appreciated!!!

Attachments

• image0.jpg
    image0.jpg
    256.6 KB · Views: 25
while I’m am in no means a professional (like at all)
I would advise providing the shrimp with lots of areas for them to hide, as guppies tend to eat smaller shrimp and shrimp fry. If you have pregnant shrimp, maybe keep them in yet another tank altogether to ensure they are safe. In terms of the neon tetras, I’m sure they will be fine with the guppies since both are peaceful.

Hope this helps! And again, sorry this isn’t a professional answer lol.

Back
Top Bottom