Need help with getting Nitrate and Nitrite levels down

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Apologies for double post, it seems I cannot edit my previous post. Or I am possibly very blind and didn't see the button staring me in the face.

Updates though!
Post water change the API master test kit says nitrItes are 0-.25 ppm and nitrAtes are 5 ppm. Ammonia is still 0.
Put some filter padding in the older filter to help later seed the newer one.

I hope to keep poking around here and maybe post some other things. Mostly for the buggers in the other small tanks i own (tadpole and crawdad, both 'rescues' from work; the vendor sends us stuff randomly with the comets that we can't sell). While the crawdad tank's values are elevated, I feel comfortable using what I learned here to get it under control (and he's probably hid some food someplace that's causing the problem, little dork).

I feel I'll only update on this thread if things randomly flip out, but thank you all for your help! I'm really excited to get back into having aquatic pets, especially now that I have a place I know I can get good advice

Back
Top Bottom