Need Quick Help - Yoyo Loach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MicroFish

Aquarium Advice Regular
We found 3 Yoyo loaches at the LPS a few days ago and bought two of them. The third, who was in a separate tank, was "scratching" himself all over the gravel and plants, so I assumed he was coming down w/ ich and didn't buy him.

Well, Ross just called from there and said the loach is still there and WORSE than a few days ago - no white spots but still itching himself like crazy. So Ross is bringing him home (since they aren't treating him, obviously) to put in the hopsital tank. Any idea what might be his problem and what I can do to try to get him over it? I've got aquarium salt and a heater, as well as ich meds but since he's scaleless, I'm not sure if I can use it.

Any ideas??

Sheila

I believe you give half-dosses to scaleless fish, if it says its okay for scaleless fish.

Like if it says one drop per gallon, use 1 drop per 2 gallons.

I could be wrong hto.

I have one yoyo that does that as well. I treated him for ich and bacterial infections etc. etc. Still just keeps flipping/jerking on its side and back again looks like hes scratching on the gravel but doesn't seem to make contact with the bottom. He seems fine otherwise.

hi there, we have a yoyo(or pakistani loach as theyre called here) & he occasionally flicks & bounces madly around the tank.& has done this since we got him. theres no sign of any nastys on him & our water parameters are all good. we have just recently treated the tank for velvet/slime disease as thought that might be the cause of our barbs flicking off leaves (think it was as they seem to have stopped doing it now) but the loach still has days when he bounces along quite merrily & days when he doesnt.
i know this is probably not much help but maybe some fish are just a little mad!!! 8O

I've been watching him for days and he's not showing any other signs of illness... so I took a chance and put my other two in there with him and they are all happily swimming around together! Two of them "flick" at each other occasionally but I think it's more of a display than anything else. I'll probably move them all into the community tank in a few days...

We do have one fish (the new rosy barb) who has a bit of ich but he's in a separate tank until he gets better.

Sheila

Back
Top Bottom