Needs a tank mate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NJGourami

Aquarium Advice Regular
i have one 8 inch male cyanogattus (texas cichlid). He attacks the glass when i put my finger to the tank. I have him in a 75 and know that I can fit someone in there with him just not sure what type of fish would be able to handle him. As soon as i put someone in the tank I realize that the first step is to put some large plants or driftwood in the middle of the tank to break up the line of sight. And ideas?

I dont know about that fish, also not sure about tank mates. I'm sure you could add more of the same type of fish. I would guess the more the better as it distributes the aggression better, although it may be hard finging tankmates similar in size.

Anyway changing all the decorations around and turning off the lights when you add new fish is the best thing to do.

If you still have issues, then removing that fish for like 1 week into temp housing, then putting back into the tank would be a good idea to try also

Back
Top Bottom