Neon tetras & Glolight Tetras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

midwestsmoke74

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi i was wondering if Neon Tetras and Glolight Tetras are basically the same? Also if not are they compatible and will they school together?

No, definately not. They're 2 different species. Even Cardinals and Neons won't school together and they look almsot identical!

Hi,

I don't have cardinals, but I have glolights with my lemon tetras and they school together only when they are nervous. All my tetras seem to loosely school.

My Glolight are really nice non nippy neons

i have 2 glowlights 3 lemon teras 5 neon tetra a green neon and they all school together. its amazing it looks so colourful.

Thank you all for the help. I went ahead and bought a couple Glolights and my neons seem much happier. They do usually school now so than you.

Different tetras usually only school together because they have no other choice. They school for safety. They would much prefer to be with their own kind. I had a group of pristella tetras and 1 blackskirt. The blackskirt schooled with the pristellas until I added more blackskirts. Now occasionally they are together but not often.

Back
Top Bottom