NEW Black Molly Male!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ocminpin

Aquarium Advice Addict
Meet my new male Black Molly... Will hopefully make interesting crosses with my Dalmatian, Creamsicle & Silver Mollies :)

He's the lucky boy who gets to live with 6 females :-D

He appears to be a Sailfin! I'm very excited.. He was the only male in the entire tank of 15 black mollies. Very nice looking dark one...

$2.19
View attachment 82415

Name ideas anyone??

On a side note when I was pointing out which one I wanted she said, "How do you know which ones are males?" So I told her about the fanned fin for females and pointy fin for males and she exclaimed, "Wow! You learn something every day!" She was super nice and I really liked her. Another guy, the dept lead, one day when I first got my first bunch of fish I asked him how to tell the male platies from the females (I was getting two) and he told me they were too young to be able to tell.... They were 2"!! Oh boy... At least I know where to get my information from and ask questions... YOU guys :)

He's ignoring the girls completely and picking at the plants... Go figure!

The girls saw him and gathered together watching him suspiciously. :)

Vixen, my female Black Molly, finds it necessary to follow HIM around... And Dixie, Dalmatian Juvie, (who's got dominant personality) is following too.

Will be interesting what happens... I believe Black is Dominant color/gene, right?

Edit: Angel & He just had a little tiff... Spinning in circles while she bumped and smacked him... (I think she had prior coaching from Cruella!) he swam off with his top fun down and went back to picking...

He's ignoring the girls completely and picking at the plants... Go figure!

The girls saw him and gathered together watching him suspiciously. :)

Vixen, my female Black Molly, finds it necessary to follow HIM around... And Dixie, Dalmatian Juvie, (who's got dominant personality) is following too.

Will be interesting what happens... I believe Black is Dominant color/gene, right?
Wow, thats ironic. Lol.
I don't know much about their color genetics, but you can let us know what the fry look like!
Names? Coal, Ebony (Ebs), Graphite, Don (as in Don Juan), Casanova, Romeo, Claus, Solomon (like the one with all the wives)

I STAND CORRECT!!! I walked back over to tank and within ONE MINUTE he had mated with 3 different females. LMAO! So far he's ignoring Creamsicle & Silver... He's going after the twin Dalmatian Juvies (sisters) Angel & Dixie and black Molly, Vixen.

(Cruella is in birthing tank)

Bettababe1011 said:
That's a great looking Molly! And the Betta part made me actually laugh!

Thank you! I'm quite impressed with Petsmart's stock this round!
My betta has gotten used to living with the mollies. She doesn't seem too surprised until NOW! I swear she rolled her eyes at him... ;-)

Bettababe1011 said:
Lol, I can imagine her surprise!

I saw a few choice sudden words in an invisible bubble above her head! She quickly spun half way to look at him and slowly turned back to look at me..

Bettababe1011 said:
Lol, that poor Betta! Did the new guy learn not to mess with her?

He just moved on... He's got other options.. :)
He has no color preference... I've got black, silver, Dalmatian & Creamsicle

Mr No Name Stud Muffin has no preference to his lady fish... Haha.. and Lucy, my betta, just ignores his attempts to mate. He noses her vent anyway occasionally as he passes.

ocminpin said:
Mr No Name Stud Muffin has no preference to his lady fish... Haha.. and Lucy, my betta, just ignores his attempts to mate. He noses her vent anyway occasionally as he passes.

Hahaha! That's funny. I think you should name him stud muffin!

I think Stud Muffin is a pretty good name! Gorgeous fish you found, there, btw!

Alyxx said:
I think Stud Muffin is a pretty good name! Gorgeous fish you found, there, btw!

Thank you! They have a gorgeous stocked Black Molly tank right now.. Nice thick fish... Not like my other thread where i was talking about most of the black mollies I've found lately who are lean and patchy colored, not solid deep black.

I'm really happy with him... I really like him.

Back
Top Bottom