new filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harriet

Aquarium Advice Regular
i want to get a new filter as my current one doesn’t seem to be keeping up with even though it came with the tank what filter would anybody recommend for a 200l tank and nothing you can only buy in the US please as new brexit laws are stupid and i’d have to pay a lot of tax the filter can be external or internal doesn’t bother me whichever is best

i want to get a new filter as my current one doesn’t seem to be keeping up with even though it came with the tank what filter would anybody recommend for a 200l tank and nothing you can only buy in the US please as new brexit laws are stupid and i’d have to pay a lot of tax the filter can be external or internal doesn’t bother me whichever is best
I use a fluval 406 cannister on a 200 litre tank. The newer version 407 should be available from most, if not all, decent aquatics stores. Pets at Home do them, but i wouldn't expect to be able to just pick one up in store without a pre order.

Cannisters might take a little bit of work getting tubing through any lid into the water, but personally i think they are the best type of filter for your size tank.

Back
Top Bottom