New fish keeper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thribz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys,

I'm a recently new fish keeper. I have had my tank up and running about 2 months now. I have a 60L tank all live plants, elite stingray filter and airpump.

I currently have 4 platy
6 neon tetra
6 glow light tetra
6 Black phantom tetra
2 hillstream loach
4-8 cherry shrimp

Is there any advice people could give me in terms of any other fish to add or any to take out and add others instead. What to feed and how to maintain a healthy home for my fishies?

I really want a nice feature fish. Any advice would be great!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390764050.301499.jpg

Hey welcome to the fish keeping wirld nice to have you. in a tank that size (around 16 us gallons) id shoot for a fish called a dwarf Gourami. BEAUTIFUL colors. Very peaceful fish to other but fish that look like it. With that stock I'd say it would be 100% full but beautiful tank.

Welcome! You have the same thermometer as me. Can't remember where I got mine from. Tank looks a nice setup :)

Thanks guys. I love the tank! Just feel a bit of a novice at the moment. I hope I can do everything correctly and keep them all healthy and happy! One of my Platy have birth to fry and 2 have survived to big enough to not be eaten. I'm thinking of rehoming the babies and one of the adults. The gourami sounds good. What colours can I get? I absolutely love my hillstream loach that I introduced today. They are so cool!

Nice! I like that!!! Is it best to have 1 or 2? Maybe a male and female?

Also a couple of days ago my water levels were spot on. I did a water change today and my nitrite level is pretty high. Ammonia is 0 but nitrite is pretty high. Should this settle in a couple days and change to nitrate with my plants etc?

I've done 3 20% changes now in the last 3 days and the nitrite level is not going down? What do I do?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390860754.816207.jpg
Here is a picture I just took of both a male (blue) and female (white) dwarfs gouramis, I just love them! Awesome center piece fish :)
I used to have 3 males, everything was cool, one died and the two left fought like crazy, got 2 females and no more problems at all!

So how likely is it you can put 2 dwarf gourami and a betta in a 60L tank together?

Back
Top Bottom