New Fishies!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KeeperOfFish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Git new fish after like a month:) so I got a new male guppy he looks like a yellow cobra guppy and a female guppy with a red tail and a orange lyretail Molly:D

Sadly I don't think that petsmart had very healthy fish an the male guppy died....but the other two are ok here's a couple pics of the female guppy there kind of bad since I used my phone sorry

Attachments

• image-3082814241.jpg
    image-3082814241.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 69
  • image-3705530228.jpg
    image-3705530228.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 59
Sorry, it is hard to tell from your picture, is the one with the red tail a girl? Also, is that a baby angel in the background of the second picture?

absolutangel04 said:
Sorry, it is hard to tell from your picture, is the one with the red tail a girl? Also, is that a baby angel in the background of the second picture?

Yes the one with the red tail is female and yes that is a baby angel

absolutangel04 said:
Awesome! I try really hard to pick out pretty femal guppies. Is your angel going to stay with the guppies when it is big, or does it have somewhere else to go?

Ya me too I made sure I got the right one lol. Yes he's gonna stay with them is that bad?

Ya me too I made sure I got the right one lol. Yes he's gonna stay with them is that bad?
There is a very good chance that the angel will eat the guppies once he grows up. It is good that the angel will grow up with the guppies so there is a possibility he will view them as tankmates rather than food, but it there is still a chance that as soon as he is bog enough, your guppies will start to disappear because they are being eaten. It is not recommended to keep any fish with angels that can fit in their mouths. Some people do it successfully, but most of the time the smaller guys eventually get eaten.

absolutangel04 said:
There is a very good chance that the angel will eat the guppies once he grows up. It is good that the angel will grow up with the guppies so there is a possibility he will view them as tankmates rather than food, but it there is still a chance that as soon as he is bog enough, your guppies will start to disappear because they are being eaten. It is not recommended to keep any fish with angels that can fit in their mouths. Some people do it successfully, but most of the time the smaller guys eventually get eaten.

Ok I will keep an eye on them as he gets bigger but he seems to be a nice fish he's never even nipped their fins.

Yep i thinking bout gettin some baby angels like vaby baby angels and grow em up and then sell em and get some other fishes! Lol

40 gallons...is that good I got advice from other members that they would be fine in a 40 gallon
I have 3 angels in my 40 gallon. 3 is not the recommneded number, but it works for my guys. 40 gallons is anough for a pair of angels. I got 3 waiting for a pair, and I got one, but all 3 get along, so I kept them all. I try to keep all their tankmates at 2 inches or so in size.

Well good luck. I cant wait to get them they are always so cut and tiny

Back
Top Bottom