New members of the family

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

papa_bear_21

Aquarium Advice Freak
:D We just picked up two bleeding heart tetras, three female guppies, two more mickey mouse platys, and three khuli loachs and a BONUS a little baby guppy(thats what we think it is). we don't think they know that they have babies in that tank or didn't see the baby when they got the fish for us. Oh well its our gain. We lose one fancy tail guppy today, we put him in a quarantine tank to see if he would be better off by himself but when we got home he was gone. :( It's ok because now we have the female guppies and they hopefully will give is some babies.

That is all for now, we will keep you informed.

I think it was in your threads that you were introducing new fish and they were dieing off even when you drip acclimated them. Previously, I have added a bunch of new fish to my tank at once and it increased the bioload so much that my filtering couldn't keep up and I lost fish left and right until it stabilized again. Just food for thought.

I am not sure if thats the cause, but would there be signs of something like that in the tests? I am curious, so as to keep an eye out for it. After we added the others, it was less than a day for the first death, and thus far there are no dead fishies. The loaches are doing great, the platy's and guppies are playing just fine. A PWC will be done tonite, and a gravel vac. We dripped them all for atleast an hour before putting them in. I am not sure if it is an extreme difference in perameters, or if the others were just sick already...

thank you for the reply tj

The bonus baby is doing great too...cute clear little thing...LOL

Keep an eye on ammonia and nitrites. If the fish are breathing heavy or hovering at the top, do a water change ASAP and check parameters. If these don't do well (and I am hoping they do) ask the store what its water parameters are or try another shop.

Back
Top Bottom