New Mollies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Laura1841

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all! Just a quick question! I am keeping female fighters in a 25 litre tank and have just brought a new tank of 64litre! I have three lovely mollies in there, two females and a male! I only introduced them to the tank yesterday! However one of the females and the male are just hoovering about at the top of the tank with not much movement! The black Mollie however is exploring the whole place! Im I to be worried about the lack of movement or is it just taking these two time to settle??! P.s can female fighters live with mollies? !?! I would love for the fighters to get involved in the new community!!! Ta muchly :)

Welcome to AA! The mollies in the 65 litre seems about 15l on the small site. Ideally they need 29g / 80-90 litres. Yes the bettas can live with mollies. How many do you have? It's really down to the temperament.

Nope it's a brand new tank so whilst it has settled for a few days these are the newbies to the tank! I've tested the ammonia and nitrate this morning which is just up from 0! About .25 on ammonia and 20ppm on nitrate! I figured that it might be that they have to ride this out and get the filter established! We went to a great award winnibg aquarium stockist who gave us the advice on having mollies and guppys! And gave us a lovely squeeze of the good stuff out there filters!!!I have three fighters, but will probably what two-three weeks before we introduce these!!!

Mollies can not handle ammonia well so it may be the ammonia, they are not the hardiess fish to start a fish in cycle with, I learnt that the hard way sadly.

Calypso77 said:
Mollies can not handle ammonia well so it may be the ammonia, they are not the hardiess fish to start a fish in cycle with, I learnt that the hard way sadly.

Mollies are hardy fish, but yet again your ammonia is high.

Back
Top Bottom