New plants added, wantinbg suggestions on aquascape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chronos313

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just added 3 bunches of hornwort and I'm really trying to figure out how I should aqua scape my tank. I'm trying to find slate to make caves for my kribensis but right now it's very hard where I live. I am looking for suggestions on what I should move and not move. Also my amazon swords are sprouting like mad and I need to trim them as the bulb sprouts are starting to form roots. Here is a picture of my tank right now.

Attachments

• image-457073556.jpg
    image-457073556.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 82
I like it, have you thought about maybe glueing some Anubis to that driftwood? That side is kind of dark meaning not much green. Maybe some medium or small sized grey river rocks or another small piece of driftwood on the righ hand side?

Just some food for thought. Either way it came out nice.

I've thought about getting some java moss or somehow trimming my amazon sword sprouts and putting them on the right side. I'm gonna see if I can find some rocks but right now the only place that has any is the retail pet stores and they are ridiculous for pricing. It's winter time here where I am til may/early June before I can hit up the quarry or a place that sells granite.

I really wanna build some caves to house my kribs so that they can pair up. Stupid winter.

As for Anubis? What Anubis were you referring to?

That basic Anubis they sell at the LFS... Big leaves. I loved mine until my guys tore them all up. I glued them to the driftwood. I really liked it.

Nice tank. I think it's spelled Anubius. You might Google it. I have a plant that I attached to my Mopani wood with floral wire. I think it's growing some. In my tank, I built a fake rock wall against the back. I put some little caves and hidey-holes in there.

Ill have to see what's available. The CFIA or the Canadian food inspection agency, who controls all imports has recently banned a crap load of plants, fish, crustaceans and what not in the last two weeks and is constantly changing the list, has put a damper on availability. I'm thinking if I could tie java moss to that big piece of mopani that I have that it would look awesome. Ill see if my two local non retail lfs have any.

The amazon swords I have are rooted really well and have big leaves and are growing chutes and sprouting bulbs off them but I have no experience in trimming them to transplant them elsewhere in the tank. I actually use no fertilizers or any special lighting and my plants are happy happy. Even my jungle vale is sprouting nicely.

I'm glad to hear that about you Amazon Swords. I have 2 planted in my tank and I'm waiting for them to grow a little. I bought some Christmas moss at my lfs today and attached it to my fake rock wall. I love that stuff. That might also work on your Mopani wood. I have a java fern attached to a rock.

Ya I like the look of Christmas moss but can never find any. I just want to have a good home for any fish that I can get to breed. Especially my kribs. If they don't do well ill breed Bolivians or koi angels.

I happened to get lucky with the Christmas moss today. They didn't have any 2 days ago and I was in there today looking at other plants and they had just gotten some in. I bought 2 little cups of it.

Back
Top Bottom