New tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Filter

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just started first tank and am beginning to cycle it (fishless). Just thought I would see how people liked it so far ... Think I am going to pick up a few more plants..... Also if anyone knows how long before the wood becomes less buoyant because I currently have 2 straws holding down the wood from the corners. Also if anyone has a suggestion on a better plant bulb ... Am currently using the one that came with the top to the aquarium.

20 gallon high
Penguin 200
Fluval 200w

Attachments

• image-490835553.jpg
    image-490835553.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 47
  • image-945609976.jpg
    image-945609976.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 42
  • image-142566929.jpg
    image-142566929.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 52
Looks pretty nice. As far as the wood, that's going to vary. It could sink tomorrow, next week, or it may never sink. Some wood doesn't. The majority will though, usually within a couple weeks or so. What kind of wood is that? Usually, the branchy stuff like that takes a little longer, but IMO looks better than the chunks.

Is that an anubias planted in the bottom left of the pictures? If it is, you'll need to pull it up and get the rhizome out from under the substrate.

I think adding a dark solid background will make the tank look much better. You'd be amazed at what a black or dark blue background will do for the look of a tank.

Back
Top Bottom