New tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kody

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
About a week ago I started up my 80 gal tank for my RBP and just yesterday transferred over my plants I have a price of petrified drift wood from my old tank that is covered in hair algae so my question is any know how to get rid of the hair algae ? Will just letting it dry out kill it so It won't sprout back?

Kody said:
About a week ago I started up my 80 gal tank for my RBP and just yesterday transferred over my plants I have a price of petrified drift wood from my old tank that is covered in hair algae so my question is any know how to get rid of the hair algae ? Will just letting it dry out kill it so It won't sprout back?

Yes, letting it dry out will kill it.

Drying it out will kill it, but that doesn't mean it could stop it from coming back.

There are many reasons why hair algae occurs and two of the most common reasons are: Indirect sun light and an imbalance in C02, Fertz and Lighting.

PHP said:
Drying it out will kill it, but that doesn't mean it could stop it from coming back.

There are many reasons why hair algae occurs and two of the most common reasons are: Indirect sun light and an imbalance in C02, Fertz and Lighting.

My old tank had an overdose of iron fert im assuming this is the reason for the algae.It was time for a new tank anyways so instead if trying to rebalance the 40 gal I Bought a 80 gal it's been cycling for a week now just didn't want the algae in the new tank

Back
Top Bottom