Newly Cycled Tank (PICS! PICS! PICS!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Twoapennything

Aquarium Advice Freak
I finally finished cycling my 40 gallon tank and thought I would share pics of my fish in their new, larger digs. Camera used is a Sony Cybershot DSC-HX1 on the Motion/Anti-blur setting.

1. Albino Cories
2. Angelfish
3. Glowing Tetras
4. Golden Gourami

I'm going to have to add more posts!

Attachments

• 2 Albino Cories.jpg
    2 Albino Cories.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 82
  • Angelo.jpg
    Angelo.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 82
  • Glowing Tetras.jpg
    Glowing Tetras.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 94
  • Golden Gourami - Gorgeous.jpg
    Golden Gourami - Gorgeous.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 92
1. Moonlight gourami & Angelfish
2. Group shot
3. Japanese garden (decor)
4. Neon Tetras

Attachments

• Gourami & Angelo.jpg
    Gourami & Angelo.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 89
  • Group Shot 2 - very good.jpg
    Group Shot 2 - very good.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 93
  • Japanese Garden.jpg
    Japanese Garden.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 85
  • Neon Tetras.jpg
    Neon Tetras.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 87
great pictures! i would love to see a full tank shot. that moonlight gourami is gorgeous. i just picked up some glowlight tetras myself :D i love it when they look at me head on and all i see is their two orange eyes glowing like headlights.

1. Betta Fish (Sayonara)
2. Betta - blurry, but good colors
3. Silver Dollars
4. Gourami & Silver Dollar

Attachments

• Sayonara.jpg
    Sayonara.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 83
  • Sayonara2.jpg
    Sayonara2.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 90
  • Silver Dollars.jpg
    Silver Dollars.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 83
  • Gourami & Silver Dollar.jpg
    Gourami & Silver Dollar.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 81
Full Tank Shots

Here's two full tank shots for Mommytron!

Attachments

• Full Tank Shot - 01.jpg
    Full Tank Shot - 01.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 91
  • Full Tank Shot - 02.jpg
    Full Tank Shot - 02.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 90
great pictures! i would love to see a full tank shot. that moonlight gourami is gorgeous. i just picked up some glowlight tetras myself :D i love it when they look at me head on and all i see is their two orange eyes glowing like headlights.

Thank you, Mommytron! The moonlight gourami is my biggest fish. He's grown a lot since I got him. I think it was you who was talking about the glowing tetras in another thread/post and I remembered while I was at Petsmart how much you said you liked them. Originally I was going to get some more neon tetras, but they were out (what fish store is ever out of neon tetras?!). So I decided to try the glowing tetras and I'm glad I did. They sometimes will school with the neon tetras.

I added two full tank shots so you can see the whole set up.

Excellent pictures! Fish look great and the aquascaping, too!

Thanks very much! I was happy with how the pics came out. Re: Aquascaping, I wanted a set up where I could see all parts of the tank. I hate it when fish die in some obscure place and then you can't find them.

Thanks again for checking out my pics :)

So what is your full stock list? How many silver dollars do you have? They get 6", are very active, and have high bio-mass (ie, for a 6" fish, they are quite large).

How many silver dollars do you have?

I have four silver dollars. I posted last week about silver dollars in a separate post, to see if they would be appropriate for my tank. I also researched them on fishlore.com. If any of my fish were truly too big for my tank, I would attempt to rehome them. Right now my silver dollars are slightly larger than a quarter, but not quite as big as an actual silver dollar. So far they are really enjoyable fish - a beautiful shade of silver and very shiny - and they are very active in the tank.

Edit: I forgot to mention that my tank has a mirrored background. In the group shot it looks like there are twice as many fish as there really are. Just an FYI.

Back
Top Bottom