My tank just cycled! Stocking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

frogtoad

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys!

I'm so excited that my tank finally finished cycling. It only took a long patience teaching 6 weeks. Anyways, I just stocked it with 4 glofish tetras (black skirt tetra). AqAdvisor tells me that I could have 8 adult sized skirt tetras in my 10 g with a stocking level of 89%. Adult sized tetras could be 2 in. Doing the math, 2x8= 16, which is more than the old 1 inch of fish for each gallon of tank. Of course the ones I have now are small 1 inchers. Add to that, skirt tetras are schooling fish and like to be in larger numbers. My question is, what are your opinions on adding another 4 glofish? I'm also considering going with a larger filter if that matters. Currently I have an in tank tetra 10.

The inch per gallon is an old outdated and useless rule nowadays. It's pretty safe to follow Aqadvisor's suggestions on stocking.

Thanks Mebbid. If things go well, I'll probably add the other 4 next week. :dance:

Back
Top Bottom