Not so easy to tip over tank ornaments...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

freshwatergal

Aquarium Advice Freak
My mom has a 55 gal tank. She has an iridecent shark and a pleco in the tank that are absolutely huge. She doesn't have that many decoration in the tank as they knock them over rather easily. Does anyone know of anywhere online that sells "heavy" ornaments and plants. She needs something to "fill" her tank as the lfs here only have things that look good in smaller tanks. Any help would be greatful. :wink:

Just doesn't need heavier ornaments she needs a bigger tank! =)
Eventually she'll need to get a very large aquarium if she wants to keep the iredescent sharks as they get pretty big. I'm not sure on the size, but I've seen one at about 2 1/2'.
In the meantime for keeping the decorations upright, try weighting them with rocks or attaching them to a piece of slate with a nut and bolt (be careful when drilling the slate to not break it).

A large piece of driftwood might work well to fill up space, and the pleco will appreciate it since they need one of the chemicals in wood for digestion. Try BigAlsOnline.com if you want an online retailer...

Back
Top Bottom