Nutrafin Cycle & PWC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Love_MyFish

Aquarium Advice Freak
Can you do partial water changes while using nutrafin cycle? I know a lot of people dont like it but I have it and cant return it.

If indeed the Bacteria in the bottle are alive will the PWC remove them or should I put it in the filter casing? Also I have Bacteria in my filter housing lots of goop should i clean it? I seem to keep getting high Ammonia so I dont think I have cycled yet. below is my tank and specs:

Attachments

• My tank.jpg
    My tank.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 164
dont clean the filter if you are in the middle of a cycle. Like Mfd said, just pretend it isn't there. That stuff rarely works anyway... the most important thing is to keep the ammonia down so your fish survive. PWC PWC PWC PWC. You want the ammonia to be less than 0.25 ppm.

Hypothetically speaking... *IF* there were bacteria in this bottle, and you put it in your tank.. and *IF* that bacteria were living, it would not be in the water column anyways... so doing a pwc would have no more of an impact on it than if you were doing a pwc on a tank that's been established for years

Back
Top Bottom