Oh Happy Day! Cycle done....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

betta4me

Aquarium Advice Activist
I woke up this morning and tested my water like I always do, 8 drops each of the ammonia test, 5 drops of the nitrite, nitrite was blue right off the bat, which it hasn't been, as soon as I add the drops they turn purple immediately. I thought, cool, nitrites going down. Tick Tock, Tick Tock, finally the five minutes was up and the nitrite test stayed blue, I had to rub my eyes and take another look to make sure I wasn't dreaming. WOO HOO! Just a smidge of ammonia showing up on the test, decided to test nitrates and they were teetering between 40-60. Tested the nitrite again just to make double sure. This happened over night, yesterday the nitrites seemed high still but the ammonia was going down rapidly.
I did a happy dance which got the attention of my husband who decided to burst my bubble and say "better wait a couple days before you put any fish in there". Grrr.
I'm going to do the big water change today and stable the temperature and test once more before I add any fish.

I really want to thank Neilanh and everyone else here who has helped me through and given me great advice, you guys are the BESTEST!

Congratulations !!!! I know that feeling...after waiting so long...now the anticipations of CREATURES can begin...have fun fun fun :D

-------------

Curly

ahh congrats. I restarted my 10g about a week and a half ago, so I am patiently waiting for that happy day lol. congrats!!!

Nice. I thought I was through mine, then killed a few tiger barbs... I'm stumped. Green cloudy water, nitrites had dropped, now back. Still adding ammonia. Going to give it 2 more weeks.

Mine stalled also Lax about a week and a half ago, the nitrites were going down along with the ammonia and all of the sudden the nitrites were down and nothing was happening to the ammonia, so I tested the nitrates and they were way down too. Something killed off my bacteria, perhaps I over dosed ammonia, not too sure.
I'm sorry to hear about your misfortune. :(

Back
Top Bottom