One of my guppies has been lying for extended times, day or night, on the plants, gra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Frostshine

Aquarium Advice Activist
One of my guppies has been lying for extended times, day or night, on the plants, gravel, etc. when she does swim around, it's usually in circles and always slow, lethargically, and weak. Also, her whole body wobbles from side to side when she swims. Help! What could have happened; I think she may be close to dying.

She is not pregnant, and unfortunately, my parents won't let me get a testing kit. (Though I've bookmarked it on amazon and am working on it.) All of my other 11 fish are absolutely fine.

EDIT: I go to AquaDome once a month to get my water levels checked.

She has not gotten up for an hour or two, just lies on the plants or gravel.

She hasn't eaten, but her colors seem the same. She seems to want to eat, but is too lethargic to get to it before the others.

All I have is a 1 gallon with a sponge filter I'm not sure works. Is this sufficient? There is also my brothers' tank, 2.5 gal with a filter, but there are 2 male guppies there. Oh, I have a breeding trap as well.

All I have is a 1 gallon with a sponge filter I'm not sure works. Is this sufficient? There is also my brothers' tank, 2.5 gal with a filter, but there are 2 male guppies there. Oh, I have a breeding trap as well.

How big is the tank they are in now and how many fish are in it

Ten gallon and twelve. Yes, I'm over stocked, I knew pretty much nothing when I started. Guppies, zebras, and neons. Tank about 3 months old.

Ten gallon and twelve. Yes, I'm over stocked, I knew pretty much nothing when I started. Guppies, zebras, and neons. Tank about 3 months old.

I would try puttin her in the 1 gallon but do water change everyday that's wha I had to do with my betta who did the Same as your guppy is she only lasted anther week be4 she passed

I would try puttin her in the 1 gallon but do water change everyday that's wha I had to do with my betta who did the Same as your guppy is she only lasted anther week be4 she passed

Do you know what she has?

And I'm just starting school, so I'm not sure if water changes every day will work. More likely every other day. I'll try though.

I don't know if you are a boy or girl but here is what I have to say... You have to convince your parents to let you get the API master test kit it is a must for your fishies especially since you are breeding them. Because you have to test your water weekly for you to have a successful breeding program sometimes even more than weekly I know because I will be starting my breeding program in the next moth or so and, water quality is A MUST with fry

Here can be a plethora of things that can cause that if she does not look better by tomorrow I would euthanize her best way to do that is to partly freeze some water and dump her in kill her instantly there other method is to freeze her in water but that causes her blood to freeze over time and it is painful

Back
Top Bottom