Ornate bichir

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Guinness

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi guys, does anyone know how big an ornate bichir gets to? Also what fish would be considered food ie would he eat tiger barbs? and what size tank would be suitable to house him in. Do they use the same electrical pulse that a BGK use?
Any help would be appreciated thank you.

I don't have any personal experience with this fish. But they will most certainly eat a tiger barb. I can also say for a fact that this fish will grow upwards of 1 ft. in length. I've been studying this species also, as I have been considering setting up a tank dedicated to them/

aquaponicpaw said:
I don't have any personal experience with this fish. But they will most certainly eat a tiger barb. I can also say for a fact that this fish will grow upwards of 1 ft. in length. I've been studying this species also, as I have been considering setting up a tank dedicated to them/

That's good to know thanks, I have read that they get to a good size upwards of 24" what size tank would house one?
I don't have tiger barbs at the moment, I do have a BGK, reed fish, and a few synodontis catfish. I have a 105g tank and was trying to find out if one would be comparable with the fish I already have.

you could always try a sengal bichir. they get smaller,and tiger barbs might be alright. oh, and for bichir questions,pm stingrays4

alLexX said:
you could always try a sengal bichir. they get smaller,and tiger barbs might be alright. oh, and for bichir questions,pm stingrays4

Ok cool thanks for all your help it's really appreciated. Just one more question how do send a private message?
Thanks.

click on there name,then click "send a message to _________"

Back
Top Bottom