Oscars and a shrimp/crab

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Deenalove

Aquarium Advice Activist
I didnt know where to post this. I have 2 oscars, I guess small-med sized. My husband likes crabs and or shrimp. What could go with the oscars that they will not eat? and that will not eat my snails. I already had ghost shrimp eat 3 of my 4 snails and I got another snail and they are now both in my oscar tank. People keep telling me crawdads but I dont know, they dont look as cool as a crab. Thanks in advance

I would not worry about what else goes with those oscars till you get them out of that tank. Oscars grow a inch a month till around 9 inches then slower after that. 2 oscars need a minimum of 75 gallons for a couple of females preferably larger. So concentrate on getting them a new home before adding something else.

oh yeah I for sure am waiting till we move them. I just was wondering so I can look into them and what not. I know I am over crowded, NO MORE fish for me :) Though I loooove buying them lol.

What size tank you end up with will decide on other speices you can add. I prefer to keep them in pairs by themselves.

But to answer your original question no crabs or shrimp but you could do some other south americans with a large enough tank or some smaller dither fish like giant danios or larger tetras but be forwarned oscars are big clumsy fish that will hurt themselves and tank decor and for that reason I keep them as a pair or solo by themselves as it just seems to cut down on stress and injury.

yeah mine are really clumsy lol but I love them anyway lol. Ok so nothing more. They are with a small pleco and I believe that will be the extent of who they "house" with :) thank you :)

Back
Top Bottom