overstocked?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

noobaquarists

Aquarium Advice Freak
hi guys when i got my 29g tank a cpl months ago it was overstocked so i got rid of a bunch of fish and just want to see if my tank is too crowded now heres my fishie list
2 striped raphael catfish between 3 and 4.5 inches
1 pleco around 7.5 inches (leaving as soon as i find a home for him)
1 flying fox around 3-3.5 inches
2 fancy black goldfish around 2 inches
3 guppies (leaving in a month)
2 harlequin raspboras around an inch
2 albino corycats about an inch
1 balloon molly (pregnant thinking of leaving fry in tank as snacks for other fishies):hide:
2 hybrids (silver molly and some sort of swordtail) around an inch
2 marimo moss balls and a clump of hornwort

noobaquarists said:
hi guys when i got my 29g tank a cpl months ago it was overstocked so i got rid of a bunch of fish and just want to see if my tank is too crowded now heres my fishie list
2 striped raphael catfish between 3 and 4.5 inches
1 pleco around 7.5 inches (leaving as soon as i find a home for him)
1 flying fox around 3-3.5 inches
2 fancy black goldfish around 2 inches
2 harlequin raspboras around an inch
2 albino corycats about an inch
1 balloon molly (pregnant thinking of leaving fry in tank as snacks for other fishies):hide:
2 hybrids (silver molly and some sort of swordtail) around an inch

Short answer yes. Still very over stocked.

noobaquarists said:
2 striped raphael catfish between 3 and 4.5 inches IM FAIRLY SURE THEY NEED A BIGGER TANK.
1 pleco around 7.5 inches (leaving as soon as i find a home for him) THATS GOOD!
1 flying fox around 3-3.5 inches HES FINE
2 fancy black goldfish around 2 inches THESE TWO FISH STICK YOUR TANK JUST BY THEMSELVES. THEY NEED COOLER WATER THAN THE TROPICALS TOO.
2 harlequin raspboras around an inch THESE NEED A SCHOOL OF 6+
2 albino corycats about an inch THESE NEED A SCHOOL OF 6+
1 balloon molly (pregnant thinking of leaving fry in tank as snacks for other fishies):hide: FINE
2 hybrids (silver molly and some sort of swordtail) around an inch FINE
I wrote in capitals.

goodness! over stocked for sure!
1. those 2 "fancy black goldfish" are black Moors. they need 29g alone AT LEAST!!! with at least 300gph of filtration with weekly water changes
2. you need to get rid of fish ASAP... LIKE TODAY IN MY OPINION
3. those fish need all different water temps
4. what are your water parameters and temp?
5. what type of filteration do you have on that tank
6. some of your fish are schooling fish and need groups of at least 5+

ugh well i guess i gotta start posting on kijiji again hopefully i can find a cpl new tanks so i dont have to get rid of too much ive grown quite fond of my new friends

noobaquarists said:
ugh well i guess i gotta stat posting on kijiji again hopefully i can find a cpl new tanks so i dont have to get rid of too much ive grown quite fond of my new friends

:( if you can up the schools and rehome the pleco and catfish then get another tank (30g) for the goldfish. Might have to rehome some of the mollies.

goodness! over stocked for sure!
1. those 2 "fancy black goldfish" are black Moors. they need 29g alone AT LEAST!!! with at least 300gph of filtration with weekly water changes
2. you need to get rid of fish ASAP... LIKE TODAY IN MY OPINION
3. those fish need all different water temps
4. what are your water parameters and temp?
5. what type of filteration do you have on that tank
6. some of your fish are schooling fish and need groups of at least 5+
my temp is at 80 and my amonia is 0 nitrites 0 and nitrates are 20ppm i have 2 hob filters and a air bar i do water changes twice a week

:( if you can up the schools and rehome the pleco and catfish then get another tank (30g) for the goldfish. Might have to rehome some of the mollies.

will my pregnant balloon molly live peacefully with my betta i know there are certain types of fish that can go in with him hes in a 5.5g

noobaquarists said:
my temp is at 80 and my amonia is 0 nitrites 0 and nitrates are 20ppm i have 2 hob filters and a air bar i do water changes twice a week

That's great your keeping on top of your water changes! (y) 80F is a little bit too warm for them all. Try drop it to 76-78F. The goldies will need at tank at 68-72F.

noobaquarists said:
will my pregnant balloon molly live peacefully with my betta i know there are certain types of fish that can go in with him hes in a 5.5g

No. Mollies are high waste producers and 5.5g isn't big enough for anything more than one Betta sorry.

Back
Top Bottom