pangasius shark cat-how big do they grow?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

klaire406

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have bought 2 of these fish and was told by the man I bought them from that they wont outgrow my tank and will stop growing but looking online it looks like they just keep growing, how big do they get and do they stop growing or not? Also they havent eaten anything since I got them 2 days ago should I be worried? These are the only fish I have in my tank at the moment any help or advice would be appreciated.

Well, what size tank is it?

If I'm correct, Pangasius catfish, also known as iridescent sharks, get well over two feet long and aren't recommended for anything 600 gallons or less.

They get big and are actually raised as a food fish in Asia.

Pangasius7kgb.jpg

so they wont fit in my 20 gallon tank very long then?! Im going to go back to the shop tomorrow I think

klaire406 said:
so they wont fit in my 20 gallon tank very long then?! Im going to go back to the shop tomorrow I think

Yeah 20 is way to small!!

Chiroptera said:
Well, what size tank is it?

If I'm correct, Pangasius catfish, also known as iridescent sharks, get well over two feet long and aren't recommended for anything 600 gallons or less.

I believe its 300 gallons.

Back
Top Bottom