phosphate and silicate test

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

twinkey

Aquarium Advice Regular
what type of text kit do I use to test my aquarium water for phosphate and silicate

Paging Jarrod?

I use api for phosphates. Never bothered on silicates - do you have diatoms or just out of interest?

I have Diatoms....40g breeder..no plants...optibright led light(6500k)..5 skirt tetras..3 angles...issues with them since day one...its an establish tank 3 yrs

I have Diatoms....40g breeder..no plants...optibright led light(6500k)..5 skirt tetras..3 angles...issues with them since day one...its an establish tank 3 yrs

Just checking but ongoing diatoms for three years? What sort of substrate do you have.

Top Fin gravel...black with red and green.....I never tested for phosphate and silicate in my tap water....lfs told me our town has traces of it...so I got a bag of phoguard hob filter.

Learn something new every day. Looks like you can get one pretty cheap. Would be interested in your results as in the FW side I've never heard of them being used.

I looked up the gravel and thought I could see plenty of quartz but then again my substrate has some as well and no issues.

Maybe your lfs is onto something. Does the town put out a tap water report maybe as well?

http://www.guppysaquariumproducts.com.au/salifert-silicate-test-kits.html

Back
Top Bottom