Pics of my 50 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kagentx

Aquarium Advice Activist
hi, i finally got a digital camera and can take pictures! how can i post pictures? is it the "add an attachment" section? because its not working...

I have a question.... while everything is doing fine... my java moss (which i thought would be the easiest to grow) isn't doing so well, and it looks like its dying... what's wrong with that.?

Can't help you with the moss but, make sure your pics are 100KB or less. Click browse to locate the pics on your computer. If your only adding one pic, that's all you'll need to do. If your adding more than one, use the attachment button then browse again to add pics. I believe the limit is three per post. I hope that made sense.

kagentx...what type of lighting do you have on your tank?

It could be that you have TOO much lighting for the moss...I highly doubt it.

Where did you get the moss from?

Maybe you got a bad part of it. Mine does fine...so good that I have to prune it a lot. Every month I probally pull out 5x what it use to be.

You did'nt happen to bury the rhyzome beneath the substrate did you? This will cause java to slowly wilt away.

Low light plants in general do well in higher lighting. They just grow faster. Provided they have adequate CO2 and nutrients.

I've got some java on top of a driftwood stump. Approx. 6" from 2.6 wpg light source. It grows rather fast for java. Where as some java in a shaded part of the tank, seems to takes for ever to grow.

MoJo...Java Moss...not a Java Furn...there is quite the difference. I can assure you...java moss will do if it is moved from a low light to high light aquarium quickly or out of the package to high light...its happens all the time.

DOHHHH,

Someday I'll learn to read before replying :oops:

I can't honestly speak for java moss. Never kept it or researched it. I could certainly see where mosses might be a little more delicate.

Sorry for an confusion.

thanks anyways you guys :D
well... i attached it on a driftwood, and its not doing so good... my lighting is 120 watts in the 50 gallon tank. I'm suspecting its the fertilizers. Most of my plants are planted in substrate except for the moss, maybe is the lack of nutrients in the water... i purchased it from a LFS who offered it to me for $10 for a handfull. I should've waited for online purchase, wouldn't u agree?

Hmm 2.4 watts per gallon...odd. I wonder if you got some bad moos. I highly doubt its a lack of nutrients...mine does quite well on fish poo :p...but then again there are no other plants in the aquarium!

I still doubt it is a lack of nutrients though!

I'd say buy some...Mine does great and I'm considering selling some of it eventually...I just recently cut it way down and removed any bad parts at all...

oh yeah I got mine for free...:) . I got so much for free I couldn't even use it all!

I'm really still not understanding why it isn't doing well!

Is it miss-colored? Like a brownish/green ?

I mean...I left some java moss in trash bag for a week and a half...and a lot of it didn't die!

*stumped*

Do you have a CO2 system on your tank? I highly, highly doubt its from lack of CO2 anyhow...if your other plants are fine.

Take a look at my moss:

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/download.php?id=9528

Does yours look anything like that? (Colorwise)

the easiest way I've found to share your pics on here is to simply add them to your gallery:

1. under your post at the top, click "View My Gallery" under your name
this will take you into your gallery (currently empty)
2. top right is a link entitled "Upload Photos" ... then just pick your digital pics and add comments. These will now be on the site and in your gallery for quick referencing.

my moss are becoming more and more like thin wires! the feathery sides are almost gone... =/ wen i first bought it, the LFS had it wrapped up in a bag, maybe its been there for too long. I should go back and tell them about this. My moss doesn't look like your's at all hmm maybe i should buy some new ones after all... how much you selling yours?? i just need a lil bit for it to grow out to save my livebearer babies! maybe u can use the cheapest way to ship it since it sounds so hardy =D.

thanks jibbo let me try that out rah now

Back
Top Bottom