pictures of my tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marliah

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hope these are o.k. to post here, if there is another place I should be posting photos let me know :)

finally got some pictures uploaded. Not the greatest quality, I am still learning how to photograph fish ;)

The 46 gallon cichlid tank (bow front hence the strange look to the picture) This is more my husbands tank ;)
46gallon.JPG

my little 10 gallon guppy tank (I like the freindly fishies better and I love seeing the babies :))

fishtankatnight.JPG

Looks great!!! Taking pics of tanks and fish takes practice. I'm still learning the best ways to do it.

thanks! there is certianly alearning curve with it lol.

I also wanted to ask you all a question, see the plant inthe first tank the one with the big leaf. Anyone know why it is browning like that? It doesn't get much real sun but I do leave the tank light on all day. Should I be doing something different for my plants? I really hate the "fake" ones. the only one we have that isn't real is the large silk one in the middle of the top tank, and I am hoping to phase that out in the near future.

The plants in my 10 gal are doing great but that tank gets ALOT of sun (so much that green algae is abundant and I have to scrape it off weekly) but hey its good for the plants lol.

Any suggestions for me? can I keep live plants in a tank without then getting sunlight?

Nice looking tanks. There is a freshwater tank section in the show off section of the forums. Welcome to AA>

that browning of the leaf would be Diatoms, They are harmless, most plecos, and algea eaters wont eat them. They also are very easy to rub off. My tank (55gal) use to have ALOT of them, they are now just starting to go away.

Back
Top Bottom