Pictus Catfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thutton33

Aquarium Advice Regular
Does any
body else have one of these, I Love it but I have recently had to transfer him to my 29G in a few months he will be in my 90G

these have to be one of the hardest fish to transfer does anybody have suggestions?

they get BADLY caught in nets due to spines on the fins.

Thanks

I have two of them.... as for capturing them, I do use a net, to bring them to the top, not really capturing, but just trapping them, then I get a species container, or i try to grab them with my hands (yes, some may say its bad)...

I have two as well. When I had to move them, I just stuck a plastic bag in the water (using a net as a means of scaring them in). Their fins can definitely get caught in the net...

well ... for those who don't know ... the spines that are catching on the nets are actually poisonous. That's right .... it isn't enough to REALLY harm you much, HOWEVER it can cause great pain and discomfort PLUS sickness.

As for nets, you CAN use them but be careful when removing them .... it can be done carefully

Back
Top Bottom