Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-19-2004, 10:48 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to ADCISCO Send a message via Yahoo to ADCISCO
Pinky Passed away :(

Well....after all of this time doctoring Pinky the gourami she finally died this evening. I thought that she might be getting some better the spot had healed and it looked think things were growing back to the way it should be and wham day before yesterday she got another hole in her. She looked some better this afternoon and then about 2 hrs ago it was like ....wowe! I took pictures if anyone wants to see them just let me know. I have never seen anything like this before. It was like something was eating her face! So sad. I gave it my all. I guess I kept her alive about 2 or 3 months. I did my best. Maybe I should have let her go long before now. But at least I tried. My 7 yr old doesnt know yet. She will be broken hearted in the morning.

Old 01-19-2004, 10:57 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via AIM to skys Send a message via MSN to skys
sorry to hear at least you gave it your best
can i see what the fishes condition was?
Old 01-19-2004, 11:23 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Sorry for your loss
Old 01-20-2004, 01:48 AM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

I'm so sorry... I had a betta that had fin rot almost his whole life, no matter what I did. He finally died of columnaris. I gave him so much antibiotics his whole life that he finally got a real bad infection at the end and it just was too much for him. But if I didn't give him the meds, he would have died a lot sooner.

I think you did the right thing by continuing to treat Pinky. That's 2 or 3 months more that she had with you! I remember the pics you posted before, and one of them did look like she was getting better, so I'm sorry to hear that she didn't make it.
Old 01-20-2004, 06:27 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Aww I'm sorry ADCISCO; you did a fine job with her, keeping her alive for as long as you did and giving her a quality of life she might have not had otherwise.

*glares at Terry and QTOFFER*

Card carrying member of FTAS & GCAS.
Allivymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 09:36 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Activist

Sorry for your loss
Old 01-20-2004, 04:23 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak

Aww. You've been doctoring Pinky for quite a while now and I'm sure you were doing a good job. I wonder what it was that she had that seemed like it was eating her face?
Old 01-20-2004, 10:22 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to ADCISCO Send a message via Yahoo to ADCISCO
Pinky

I dont know what it was but it just all of a sudden exploded with a vengence on her it was horrible I will try and attach a picture.....its nasty!
Old 01-20-2004, 10:50 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Oh that is pitiful, ADCISCO. Sorry for your poor fish and for your loss.
Old 01-21-2004, 11:12 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Freak

Whoa... that's definitely a heartbreak! Must have been hard for you to watch her go through that. I have a hard time looking at my skinny platy who is sequestered trying to get better. She isn't progressing well, but behaves as if nothing is wrong. Can't give up hope on her though...

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com