Pinky Passed away :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ADCISCO

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well....after all of this time doctoring Pinky the gourami she finally died this evening. I thought that she might be getting some better the spot had healed and it looked think things were growing back to the way it should be and wham day before yesterday she got another hole in her. She looked some better this afternoon and then about 2 hrs ago it was like ....wowe! I took pictures if anyone wants to see them just let me know. I have never seen anything like this before. It was like something was eating her face! So sad. I gave it my all. I guess I kept her alive about 2 or 3 months. I did my best. Maybe I should have let her go long before now. But at least I tried. My 7 yr old doesnt know yet. She will be broken hearted in the morning. :cry:

I'm so sorry... I had a betta that had fin rot almost his whole life, no matter what I did. He finally died of columnaris. I gave him so much antibiotics his whole life that he finally got a real bad infection at the end and it just was too much for him. But if I didn't give him the meds, he would have died a lot sooner.

I think you did the right thing by continuing to treat Pinky. That's 2 or 3 months more that she had with you! I remember the pics you posted before, and one of them did look like she was getting better, so I'm sorry to hear that she didn't make it. :cry:

Aww I'm sorry ADCISCO; you did a fine job with her, keeping her alive for as long as you did and giving her a quality of life she might have not had otherwise.

Aww. You've been doctoring Pinky for quite a while now and I'm sure you were doing a good job. I wonder what it was that she had that seemed like it was eating her face?

Pinky

I dont know what it was but it just all of a sudden exploded with a vengence on her it was horrible I will try and attach a picture.....its nasty! :cry:

Whoa... that's definitely a heartbreak! :( Must have been hard for you to watch her go through that. I have a hard time looking at my skinny platy who is sequestered trying to get better. She isn't progressing well, but behaves as if nothing is wrong. Can't give up hope on her though...

Back
Top Bottom