Pleco id

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brennae

Aquarium Advice Addict
My mom bought this and doesn't know what kind and neither do I. Ugh

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1441660202818.jpg
    1441660202818.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 118
Ok that's what I thought but she says the idiot at Petco said it wouldn't get big and that it was a dwarf variety. She already has two large ones and a third that's getting big. Where am I supposed to put them I'd like to know? Ugh

Ok that's what I thought but she says the idiot at Petco said it wouldn't get big and that it was a dwarf variety. She already has two large ones and a third that's getting big. Where am I supposed to put them I'd like to know? Ugh

Back to petco?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It's been months. I wasn't paying attention to what she was buying. In my area one has to give these away and even then it's hard to find a home for them.

Is it not a bristlenose?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Problem is I keep buying her bigger tanks to house these giants. I'd like to buy myself a bigger tank and house something else. Lol

Is it not a bristlenose?

I looked him over very well up close and no bristles at all. My bristle nose at that size did have a few bristles for females and more on the males.

Some females dont develop any bristles. My fully grown female hasnt got any.

Well I'm not sure then. I was leaning towards common. I'll try to get better pics once he's settled. In a dark tank now due to being stressed.a

Well I'm not sure then. I was leaning towards common. I'll try to get better pics once he's settled. In a dark tank now due to being stressed.a

There's no doubt that's a common

Sent from my 5560S using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Definitely a common or a sailfin. The body shape and head shape are all wrong for a bristle nose

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'd recommend putting him up for sale online. There are a lot of people who could house that pleco in a proper size tank. You just have to make sure that one of those people gets it instead of one of those idiots who just want it because it will grow big.

I live in a very populated area and have a good lfs that will take him I'm sure. Thanks for the suggestion.

There are actually 2 commons that I found in my tanks. I'd like to rehome both as my mother already has two quite large ones in her tanks. Now that she's been exposed to more plecos that come in small sizes I am hoping to convince her that rehoming them is best.

There are actually 2 commons that I found in my tanks. I'd like to rehome both as my mother already has two quite large ones in her tanks. Now that she's been exposed to more plecos that come in small sizes I am hoping to convince her that rehoming them is best.

It also helps that the smaller species are better looking.

Sent from my 5560S using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom