Polypterus Delhezi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lady Elizabeth

Aquarium Advice Regular
A good friend gave me a Polypterus Delhezi for christmas after hearing that my BGK died. :D :D i am so happy cause i had an albino one (polypterus senegalus), but i have to give it away to another friend (who fell in love with him right away now he's 12" long and so gorgeous), i don't have a big tank before and he loves to eat my smaller fishes... now i placed my new baby in a 50gal for now he has no tankmates cause i'm afraid he might eat them... do you guys have a suggestion for a tankmate? :wink: mine is a banded one, here in the Philippines they call them dragonfin. i search this picture in the net, my fish looks like this guy 8)

Lady Elizabeth...

Polypterus delhezi is one of my favorite bichirs. I've currently only got two small ones but they're growing well. I keep mine in a grow-out tank with other similarly-sized bichirs (a couple of P. senegalus, an Erpetoichthys calabaricus and a couple of slightly smaller P. retropinnis), some large Congo Tetras (Phenacogrammus interruptus), two African Mud Fish (Phractolaemus ansorgei) and a couple of smallish Synodontis eupterus cats.

Here's a link to a profile I wrote on Polypterus delhezi for Aquarium Advice: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=28377

Hope you find it helpful.

-Joe

thanks so much Joe, i have planted his tank with plants that looks like pine trees :D he's a very active swimmer, sometimes i would watch him swim on top of the tank and then sink slowly and land on top of the plants to rest... he never fails to make my day :D :D

Back
Top Bottom