Polystyrene backround

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zenkatydid

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I would like to buy this polystyrene background for my 4ft tank: http://www.aquaria.com.au/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/6991

The tank is set up and I am not going to empty it to put this thing in. So, how do I attach it? Surely because it's polystyrene it will float? I was thinking of putting a lip of some sort on the bottom to insert inderneath the gravel to hold it down, but that still sounds like a lot of work. Ideas?

Tough to say without seeing it in person but I would think you could stick it in the substrate up against the back of the tank and if its cut to the correct size you could wedge it under the top rim of the tank.

Let us know how this goes I'm curious. :)

Oh .......good luck!

hmm. possibly. i would hate to buy it and then have it not work. especially since i would have to remove all the plants at the back of the tank to insert it... :D i have a gift voucher at this place, i might as well give it a shot!

still interested in thoughts from anyone who has installed a polystyrene background after the tank is set up!

I don't recommend them

they take up too much space in the tank
and
sometimes if there is a gap left between the back of the tank and the background - fish can swim behind the background and get stuck there (along with wastes and food)

Back
Top Bottom