Poppa's Tanks n Stuff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Disclaimer..... Not my fish or my photos. Using these to ask opinions on a purchase.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Oh yeah.... Just found black diamond sand for 7.99 per 100lbs..... Super score.... Rabble rabble

I like the look of the black diamond media, but hate how hard it is to clean up and wash. 100 lbs would take forever.

My concern would be as someone who uses a sand blaster, blasting sand is meant to be abrasive, as well as having little quality control on possible contaminants. I would worry about the sharpness of the sand on any fish who scoop sand through their gills. I know many use it but just a thought.

That would do it. I have thought about trying to rig up a sort of fluidized bed filter that I could use to flush the sand before I use it. Just need to get around to building it.

That would do it. I have thought about trying to rig up a sort of fluidized bed filter that I could use to flush the sand before I use it. Just need to get around to building it.

I like the sounds of this... This... Contraption!

My concern would be as someone who uses a sand blaster, blasting sand is meant to be abrasive, as well as having little quality control on possible contaminants. I would worry about the sharpness of the sand on any fish who scoop sand through their gills. I know many use it but just a thought.

This is exactly why I don't use it. Too much risk for my loaches! It does look so nice...

I use a 5 gal bucket with a 8 holes drilled meshed over with fine screen, then a PVC water inlet that distributes water at 3 levels about 6 inches in height apart.

Yeah but your good at that building stuff, TMRC! I bow down. I just use a hose, tilted bucket, cheese cloth for the pour over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom