Poppa's Tanks n Stuff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
CPDs.... I think these will be a staple for a long time on my site, and in my tanks.... Love these lil dudes.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I so will order some! I've always wanted them but always received bad stock the two times I was able to get ahold of them. I'd love to have a planted display tank just for these guys.

Brenna

Same, i wanted CPDs for a while now but the only guy who special orders cant seem to get them. That one discus bren mention has awesome colors. In the 1 pic that guppy (i think?) looks like godzilla compared to the rest.

Same, i wanted CPDs for a while now but the only guy who special orders cant seem to get them. That one discus bren mention has awesome colors. In the 1 pic that guppy (i think?) looks like godzilla compared to the rest.

That line of mustached black tuxedo gups ive been doing for a while now. Shes huuuuge isnt she. I bred full black moscow in a yr ago to make the stache more pronounced on them but only for 1 gen. Then back tomom to set the dom gene. This really is a big line size wise.. The moscow blood didnt affect that..... At all. Lol

Yea that fish is huge, interesting with the genetics i kinda just select ones with cool colors and put them together ans see what comes out. Started with endler hybrids then added in a blue moscow female then was in a mix tank i got for $1 :eek:. One of my fish that just finished coloring up has almost rainbow like patterns going horizontally through the body with an overlying snakeskin type pattern, It looks awesome.

That line of mustached black tuxedo gups ive been doing for a while now. Shes huuuuge isnt she. I bred full black moscow in a yr ago to make the stache more pronounced on them but only for 1 gen. Then back tomom to set the dom gene. This really is a big line size wise.. The moscow blood didnt affect that..... At all. Lol

I'm thinking of trying some guppy experiments myself. I need to read up on genetics. Do you find moscows tend to be smaller? The Thai strain I have are small and the American that throws the red line at times are bigger. The blue moscows I have are huge. Thinking of potential crosses here. How long have you worked this line in the picture?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Since 2010 for that line. Miscows are supposed to be smaller IME & IMO. they have always seemed the frail strain, Them and fine pattern grass strains, for me anyways. You can breed the strain back up with them but i wouldnt buy big bodied Moscow's. Irs not what they are supposed to be. All the so called true "show" blood ones I've dealt with are very petite with beautiful flowing fins. The fins are accentuated by the petite frame IMO.

Finding those balances is, even today, what makes the good ones so high priced and sought after.

I had a good friend once tell me this.... "Ryan the 2 strains you wanna spend for are grass and moscows. It's worth it."

When is this site going to be open to the public? My 20L is in need of some cpds, if the price is right. I know you'll have the quality stock I'm looking for.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The key to this whole endeavor is this. Im not concerned for how fast its going up. Im more worried abt it being done well and professionally. Secondly thing is that it wont just be public and instantly be a superstore thing. Its going to have to grow, thrive... Grow a lil more, thrive.... Its already been a giant learning experience.

So easy does it is the motto. I wanna get there.... All the way there.

The key to this whole endeavor is this. Im not concerned for how fast its going up. Im more worried abt it being done well and professionally. Secondly thing is that it wont just be public and instantly be a superstore thing. Its going to have to grow, thrive... Grow a lil more, thrive.... Its already been a giant learning experience.

Good policy. Glad to see you are thinking everything through each step of the way. Slow and steady builds a successful webstore.

Brenna

I must have dosed off, nice fish Poppa!!! No wonder I can't find any nice fish , you gottemm all !!![emoji38]

Clem

I ain't much for fancy pants computer stuff but...you're welcome. $9 please.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1452598553854.jpg
    1452598553854.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 50
Hey Brookster, I'm glad you posted the rhino first..ha-ha.
I was thinking of a Discus with a rhino Horn for his logo.
Hey Poppa, what do you think about that???
Your hilarious man!!![emoji38]

I just about nostriled my coffee.... Lmao

Why are you laughing?? You don't like it? You think its a joke?! Do I amuse you? What am i.. a clown.. here for your personal amusement?!?! I was laughing when I put it together to;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Just a squirell tryin to get a nut.... Took a rhino to ease the travels..... Not sure but i think it farted.

My brain hurts.... & this is why.

Building a business is not easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom