Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-27-2005, 10:40 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Positive experience with ahsupply.com

Don't know if this is the proper place for this but just wanted to pass on my experience with ahsupply.com

I ordered a retrofit 65 W CF kit for the 29g and it arrived within 3 days.

I'm not the handiest person but after reading and re-reading the instructions, the retrofit went in easy enough. After running the light for about 4 hours, the light went out. Upon examination, I found the glass had split completely through where the two tubes join.

I emailed ahsupply with this information and asked for a replacement and offered to send back the defective bulb. To my surprise (pleasant), they said they would send me a free bulb and said to dispose the defective bulb, all without any hint of doubt or questioning my integrity.

The bulb arrived within 3 days. I wish all my transactions would go as smoothly. I know where I will be buying replacement bulbs in the future!

Old 08-29-2005, 11:15 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Since we don't have a sponsor forum for AHsupply.com, this is the right place to give feedback.
My kit from them was equally easy to put together...with me not being any sort of electrical wiring whiz. In fact I had leftover grommets and screws, so they definitely give you all the hardware you should need.
Good customer service too, on correcting that bad bulb problem. I had a bulb arrive from hellolights.com in about 20,000 pieces, and they shipped a replacement the SAME DAY! (it helps that they are 2 hours earlier and thus could make the FEDEX shipping time). You might try them for replacement bulbs, as they often have sales, and a wider range of K temps...however you can run that bulb until it stops working...probably 2 years or so, at 12 hours a day.

Tags
supply

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com