pregnant balloon molly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nibin2009

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey plz help me. I dont know if ths 1 S's pregnant or not. How long shud i wait??

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131118_142305.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131118_142305.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 75
  • ForumRunner_20131118_142318.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131118_142318.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 71
Here is another pic

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131118_153002.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131118_153002.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 74
im not 100% but i think its every 30 days something will happen

Moniter her and how she eats / moves around yhe tank compared to another female ( if you have one )

if not maybe just keep a close eye on here the next few coming weeks. Also try youtube for a better understanding video / turorial of how they mate.. quite interesting actually
goodluck :)

- H3F4D

i have two mollys

- Males ( black molly )
- Females ( silver molly )

i now have two little guys swimming around hiding! both turnd out to be silver! hard to tell though because they are so small!

Next step is to get a red nolly ( male ) to see if he will find his way in with the black & silver ! :)
funfunfun haha im excited !

Hope it works out for you

also you will notice a black dot towards the lower back of him witch i cant visually see in any of the pics!

That is that baby eyes :) lol if you notice a black dot she is definatly pregnant !

Be patient

Thnx man. How many fries i can expect?? What would be the colour of the fries?? Same as that of the mother??

no problem ! im not certain what to tell you man ! for instants my silver molly gave birth to two frys! they swam away and hid maybe theyre were more but molly tend to eat theyre young!

also the couler is not necasarelly always that of the mothers ! My black molly bred with the silver molly and now i have dalmation molys :) black with white specs or vise versa...

ill post pics when they are a big enough size to photo graph they are too small for my camera to pick up right now :p !

Mollies can have up to 100 but the norm is closer to 20-30. Your looks like she is getting very close. She appears to have squared off so anytime now. How big is the tank you have her in?

interesting i have guppys aswell i wonder if they will interbreed :p that would be cool

feed them to my buddys gar pike lol Or give them to freinds who want them :)

Good luck I use to breed mollies your gonna have your hands full soon haha

Last edited by a moderator:
why do you say goodluck with that lol! did you have a hard time with the breeding ?

Balloon mollies are difficult compared to regular mollies well Atleast for me , I use to have a colony of regular mollies but the gallons in a seperate tank wouldn't breed , they are usually a home run or very challenging

Js now got 36 guppy fries. Hurraayyyy. . ....... !!!! Now waiting for my balloon molly.... total am having 67 fries wch includes mollies n guppies. :D

Thnx guys for ur reply. I have a doubt. These 36 are of same colour?? Or difrnt?? What determines colour of fish?? Mollies too??

Back
Top Bottom