Prime Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dkpate

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just opened up my new bottle of Prime yesterday while cleaning tanks, and I noticed little black things inside the bottle that would do...well...the best way I can explain it would be like shaking a snow globe.
Has anyone else ever encountered this? Should I take the bottle back and get a new one? I didn't use any of the stuff, just some other dechlor I had around. It kind of has a different smell too, but I could have just been overreacting too LOL.
Thanks!

That is normal for Prime. It is extremely concentrated, so it smells (like sulfur or rotting eggs), and some particles coming out of solution is common..

Ok, well this is my 4th bottle, and I have NEVER had little black flakes it it, and it smells like sulfur, but slightly different. Not like the normal Prime smell.

I just went & look at mine, and yes, there are small black "dusts" in the bottom. I notice that in another bottle in the past as well. Although if yours smell "off" it might be something?

if they do.... ill get you more from my fish club.... i use it by the liter for years.

I know...it just smells SLIGHTLY different (I think) and it has those black flakes, which I haven't seen in the other bottles.
I don't want replacement fish LOL! I like the ones I have, they're funny. :)

LOL! So you have no smell anymore? LOLOLOL, that sucks.

I want to keep the fish I have, not get ones to replace them haha! Geez. I already lost my favorite one. :(

desensitized to dead fish. i fully understand to worry about them. i do every time i go out of town. just some times you can worry too much about things.

Wow i feel like a moron for not knowing what Prime is but i guess i hve never seen it before as i am Australian. Elvis was the cutest BGK i have ever seen please dont bring him up *sob ='(

Back
Top Bottom