Python Water Changer to Outdoor Spigot?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dirt Diggler

Aquarium Advice Freak
Greetings everyone, been a while since I've been on. College has been taking it's toll along with a spinal fusion surgery (not the must fun I've ever had). Anyhoo, I know the Python water changer system is pretty awesome, but my sinks in my home are all some new age stuff that lacks the normal threads the Python would hook to. Before I buy this system and learn that I cannot use it, I thought I'd ask this forum of awsome folks (you guys) if the Python can be hooked to a normal garden hose which would allow me to use my outside spigot. If the Python can do that, it's a guaranteed sale, if not, then I don't know what to do. I can't haul buckets of water right now because of this surgery, and asking others to do it just feels wrong. Any info on this would be great! :thanks:

My kitchen faucet is too fancy and doesn't have threads either but the main bathroom has a modern Moen faucet and there is a little piece of the bottom that screws off so you can rinse the little screen trap and there are threads there. You get a couple different adapters with the Aqueon, which is what I use, and I can use it. Otherwise you can hook it up to a threaded outside faucet. You just need the correct adaptor.

Greetings everyone, been a while since I've been on. College has been taking it's toll along with a spinal fusion surgery (not the must fun I've ever had). Anyhoo, I know the Python water changer system is pretty awesome, but my sinks in my home are all some new age stuff that lacks the normal threads the Python would hook to. Before I buy this system and learn that I cannot use it, I thought I'd ask this forum of awsome folks (you guys) if the Python can be hooked to a normal garden hose which would allow me to use my outside spigot. If the Python can do that, it's a guaranteed sale, if not, then I don't know what to do. I can't haul buckets of water right now because of this surgery, and asking others to do it just feels wrong. Any info on this would be great! :thanks:
the garden spigot should be a direct fit no adapter needed just don't use the garden hose connected directly you don't know what chemicals are in that hose the only problem I see is you can't adjust the water tempersture unless you live in arizona where the water comes out at 80 degrees or hotter

Or you can just use a normal garden hose. That's what I've been doing for years. It syphons into the garden from the tank then I hook it up to the outside tap and fill her up. Only problem is if it gets really cold. I then have to cart buckets of warm water from the kitchen but that's only a few times per year.

the garden spigot should be a direct fit no adapter needed just don't use the garden hose connected directly you don't know what chemicals are in that hose the only problem I see is you can't adjust the water tempersture unless you live in arizona where the water comes out at 80 degrees or hotter

Or you can just use a normal garden hose. That's what I've been doing for years. It syphons into the garden from the tank then I hook it up to the outside tap and fill her up. Only problem is if it gets really cold. I then have to cart buckets of warm water from the kitchen but that's only a few times per year.

Awesome! My outside spigot is not far from the door closest to my tank. Being able to hook directly to a hose or spigot makes life so much easier for me. :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom