question on my mollies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

motherspice

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi my name is Brianna I am 9 years old and motherspices daughter
My molly Peanut is chasing her mom molly all over the place. She will chase her constintly.
She is hiding and dose not swim much her baby is about 4 1/2 months old...what can we do to stop it from happening? or will she out grow that?
confused.gif
My mom dont know either she wants to get rid of peanut. I dont I love peanut. We dont have another tank to put her in all I have is a 10 gal tank and my mom says its to small for a molly.
thank you
Brianna

Well, I would say if you have a baby male and the ofcourse mom female, I would add another female into the tank, I think the male is just giving the female stress and that isn't good. I'm guessing it is a male baby because females don't normally chase other females around.

Hope the helps you.

Well, I would say if you have a baby male and the ofcourse mom female, I would add another female into the tank, I think the male is just giving the female stress and that isn't good. I'm guessing it is a male baby because females don't normally chase other females around.

Hope the helps you.

no it looks to be a girl, we had a male baby but we took him out cause he was chasing the mom and sisters and put him in the 10 gal till we move then he will be in my moms 20gal.....so its a girl why is she being mean to her mom? Also the baby is pecking her on her side head and tail

Well normally, females don't chase females. I suggest adding another female and then a male so the ratio is 3F:1M. This will even it out and won't be as bad of chasing.

If that's not an opition, you could always temp. move the baby into the 10 gallon for a little while, then move her back with the mom to see if it has changed anything.

We have in my moms 55 gal the mom and the brat and another baby from a later batch that one is about 2 1/2 months old, the brat is 4 1/.2 months old and in my 10 gal we have the 4 1/2 month old brother and 4 corys and a 4 month old platy male, can we add the brat to the 10 gal or will that be to much? we are moving in 15 days so the male will be in the 20 gal

ok but if we move the brat to the 10 gal it will be with a male molly, then he will be chasing the brat

Back
Top Bottom