rainbow shark

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vindogg

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi I wake to My rainbow shark just ley on the gravel, not eating n not really moving anywhere. Any one know why this is ?

Well I am currently undergoing 2 water changes a day to get them down because they were rarther high but yesterday it was fine swimming as normal untill late last night and this morning I noticed its in the same way

vindogg said:
Well I am currently undergoing 2 water changes a day to get them down because they were rarther high but yesterday it was fine swimming as normal untill late last night and this morning I noticed its in the same way

We need exact params and tank size and tankmates and tank age

Aqua one 620t. 130 lt.
Set up n running for about a year.

5 red eye
4 red flames
3 black widows
3 sword tails
2 Zeb danio
1 silver shark
1 blood parrot
1 blue ram
1 phantom tetra
1 gourami
1 fighting fish
1 rainbow shark

Temp - 27c

Not done water test yet but my last one was yesterday n they stood at,

Ammo 0.1
Nitrite 0.25
Nitrate 75
Ph 7

I have done two 50% water changes since then im yet to-do another change today n a test

Considering the tank size and the amount of stock you have, my guess is he died because he could not handle the toxin levels anymore.

Well he's not dead he still alive just rarther lethargic n the levels was like that since my filter broke 9-10 days ago since which iv replaced and he only started showing these signs last night

Does the fish look like there is a injury to him. I have one also that is in a tank by himself. In my community tank he would attack everything. So I tried him in my cichlid tank and everything was attacking him. Have you noticed any bulling? Do you have a sick tank running? If yes, put him in there and raise the temp up a tad and do small water changes. Look on the net for salt treat baths, you will have to check for albino shark if they can tolerate them. Most fish can. I have found non iodized table salt to be very effective with Ill fish. Good luck

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom