Random Gourami Death

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Deadna

Aquarium Advice Regular
I had 2 dwarf gourami, 5 neon tetra, 5 glolight tetra, and 1 common pleco. Last night they were all alive. I came home from school this afternoon, and lo and behold one of my gourami are dead. WHY?!?! I feed them, do water changes, heat their tank, got filtration. Why did he die?

Attachments

• image-874087264.jpg
    image-874087264.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 60
I had 2 dwarf gourami, 5 neon tetra, 5 glolight tetra, and 1 common pleco. Last night they were all alive. I came home from school this afternoon, and lo and behold one of my gourami are dead. WHY?!?! I feed them, do water changes, heat their tank, got filtration. Why did he die?

Tank size and parameters?

30 gallon (36 L, 12 W, 16 H)

Parameters:
GH: 0
KH: 240
PH: 7.5
No2: 0
No3: 20

30 gallon (36 L, 12 W, 16 H)

Parameters:
GH: 0
KH: 240
PH: 7.5
No2: 0
No3: 20

Do you ammonia?

Also- how long have you had them? Most dwarf gouramis are bad stock from the LFS. Also, is the other dwarf gourami a male? It could be fighting

Sadly most dwarf gourami's come from Asian breeding farms which are known for poor breeding and weak genetic stock. This is very common with todays DG's.

So basically it's not my fault neccesarily, it's the gourami's weak genes?

Thank you very much! I thought I had overfed him or accidentally directly affected him.

Back
Top Bottom