Red Tail Shark question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mudfrog

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've read conflicting information. I see they can be "aggressive", I use this term loosely as I typically kept Predators that are extremely aggressive. At the same time I do not want to introduce a fish that will stir up trouble in the happy community that I have created. Some sources say they are only territorial towards their own kind, is this true? Do they get along with other bottom dwellers (catfish, clown loaches, etc)?

The tank is a 125g.

I've read conflicting information. I see they can be "aggressive", I use this term loosely as I typically kept Predators that are extremely aggressive. At the same time I do not want to introduce a fish that will stir up trouble in the happy community that I have created. Some sources say they are only territorial towards their own kind, is this true? Do they get along with other bottom dwellers (catfish, clown loaches, etc)?

The tank is a 125g.
They are territorial and do get aggressive with age. They will bully even eat smaller fish. Not sure for the combination, but they should be with fish the same size or fish that aren't too territorial.

While it "could" work I'll probably skip the RTS. The kids were pushing me to get one but I wanted to check first. I'm investing to much money in my clown loaches to risk them being stressed all the time.

While it "could" work I'll probably skip the RTS. The kids were pushing me to get one but I wanted to check first. I'm investing to much money in my clown loaches to risk them being stressed all the time.
Chances are that if they are smaller, they will get bullied dempending on the age of the rts and temperament.

Back
Top Bottom