Remove inside tank sump filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jakesswan

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi i would just like to find out i got a 80 gal tank today for free but on the one side it has a build in sump filter and i would like to remove it to make more room, any suggestions on going about it?

image-1223248678.jpg

Have you looked into the possibility of just using it? It's actually really good filtration. The cost of setting it up can be a little pricey at first but in the long run it's not bad.
I have a sump on my 150g planted. After I modified some stuff I greatly reduced the co2 loss and now it works great.
Just a thought.
I know on mine the overflow columns are siliconed on. You'd just have to seal the holes.

I would use the Sump.....or if your are in NJ I'll swap you a 75 Gallon Custom Tank with 1/4 inch glass . It is old but in good shape.....I'll even reseal it...

But if I was you I would use it, that (a Sump) is my high up on my DIY list to do since it is the best Filtration for your stock.

Oki well i have removed the sump filter and replaced it with a cascade 1500 filter, which seems to be working ok too.

image-1943978915.jpg

Back
Top Bottom