Restocking a 10 Gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So just the normal 2 times a day feed them bloodworms and pond snails?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It's good to have a separate container with like a sponger filter just for a snail colony. These guys can take down tons of snails despite their size.

I feed mine bloodworms once daily. That's because of my schedule though. 2 smaller feedings would be better.

Caleb

It's good to have a separate container with like a sponger filter just for a snail colony. These guys can take down tons of snails despite their size.

I feed mine bloodworms once daily. That's because of my schedule though. 2 smaller feedings would be better.

Caleb

So it's ok to only feed them bloodworms?

How much?

Same as any other fish. The amount they consume in roughly 2 minites

Caleb

So I'll be buying a lot of bloodworms I guess since I have no snails

So I'll be buying a lot of bloodworms I guess since I have no snails

For a single puffer mine eats maybe 5-6 bloodworms out of a whole cube. One frozen pack will last you a while:

Caleb

For a single puffer mine eats maybe 5-6 bloodworms out of a whole cube. One frozen pack will last you a while:

Caleb

Does it have to be frozen or can it freeze dried?

Sorry about all these questions. Thanks for all the help so far!

I've found my fish much prefer frozen over freeze dried anything.

Caleb

Mine will eat both, but they much prefer frozen. You will have to cut the cubes in fours, since they don't eat that much in one sitting. Also, try frozen krill. They like that too and it will last forever. Mine also eat freeze dried krill, which has that crunchy factor.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I've found my fish much prefer frozen over freeze dried anything.

Caleb

My tank has snails in it currently I think and I heard some snails are too hard and crack the mouth of the puffer. How do I distinguish them?

What I've heard is that Malaysian Trumpet Snails are the ones that can crack their teeth. Their shells look like little spiral cones. I personally have dwarf puffers and they are awesome! So much personality.
On a separate note, it might be good to consider raising a massive colony of shrimp. I have a 5.5 gallon with around 10 shrimp so far but they are so fun to watch! One of my bigger tanks has shrimp and they have multiplied fast but do not come out as frequently because there are fish in that tank. Shrimp only tanks are tons of fun! Also, because they breed so fast, if you wanted you could sell a few. Depending on the type and how much you spend upfront, you could make a little money.

Back
Top Bottom