Revamp my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlieKlein

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a boring 37 gallon tank. It looks nice and has a good community, but what could i do to make it entertaining? Cool stocking and look, like bigger and more interesting fish?

I have a boring 37 gallon tank. It looks nice and has a good community, but what could i do to make it entertaining? Cool stocking and look, like bigger and more interesting fish?

Got a pic of it? Live plants is always my first suggestion if you don't have them already. You could also try a biotope tank.

I have a peaceful community, and i kinda want something more aggressive. Im looking at tiger barbs, convicts, keyholes, angels, etc. any possible stocking options?

Currently there is 2 GBR, 2 honey gourami, 10 rummynose, and 4 juli corys

You could add another school of tetras and more Corys or maybe a few loaches. What's the tank look like ? If you went planted with your tank I can say it would look more interesting and active.

If you restart your tank a tiger barb/convict tank can be really cool. Kribs can often hold their own pretty well too. Snakeskin barbs are another nice option if you'd like something a little less common than tigers.

On a completely different note about a puffer?

It won't let me upload a picture, it says I've exceeded my quota. Anyway, u really want to change everything. Would it be possible to get a pair or a single convict cichlid? Maybe a dozen tiger barbs, half albino, also? Then maybe a bn place and a gourmi?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yeah you could do a pair of convicts with the tiger barbs. I'd skip the gourami though as there's a chance the barbs would shred it up.

If I did convicts, then I couldn't do Kribs? And in thinking about getting a 10 gallon tank just for a puffer!

I have some cichlid stones and driftwood I can put in. What else if I had 2 convicts and 12 tiger barbs?

Would it be possible to do
2 convicts
10 tiger barbs
5 giant danios?
1 bb pleco

If, not what could I do? 2 keyholes?

Keyholes are one of the most peaceful fish there are. Tiger barbs would just stress them out and make them hide all the time.

Sent from my EVO using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom