Sad day! :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had considered this too eco...

What kind of filter is on the tank?

What is the temp?

its funny you say that but i made sure to add a little extra prime because i just recieved the kerri tetras from h1n(len) and one of them got a little roughed up in the shipping so the api conditioner states to add 5ml extra per capful for fin repair.......

so i know i added it...plus the fertz.....and i checked my water parameters 2 hours later before i went to bed and they were good...

i am running a 4 stage jebo canister and a 700gph canister(i forget the brand)
this tank has been established for 4 or 5 months now ??

the only think i can think of is (tell me if im way wrong or not) i have been noticing that my plants arnt doing as well as they should be with 2 wpg and all the fertz im doing, so i was thinking that my 110 watt compact flo doesnt have enough PAR for my 50 gall tall its 30 inch's tall ....so can the plants be soaking up the oxygen in the water during the night but not letting enough out in during the day??

could it be that the fish are used to so much oxygen from the air pump that when it died they couldnt adjust to it??

I really don't think so. Water can only hold so much O2 at equilibrium. Unless there is zero surface movement and zero flow, adding an airpump will not oxygenate the water a whole lot more than just not running it.

bsdryder7 said:
i got the ma957 reg ....

i cant figure out why that happened then if it is optional to run an airstone ??

the fish that stayed alive were really pale white and when i turned the air back on and came home they were off the top of the tank and back to normal color ??

any suggestions

How big is ur tank? It could be cos u are overstocked! If so oxygen exhaustion is probably the reason for ur lost

Sorry for ur lost btw. :( always saddening

def not overstocked and water parameters are perfect....so i think im going to turn off the air stone sunday morning and watch the fish cause i think im off gassing my c02......

whish me luck

Put your spray bar just under the surface. Mine is almost still, but you can see it swirling a little. Keeps the biofilm off, but doesn't offgas the co2

ohhh i didnt get what you ment by spray bar lol.....it is under the surface....

i was talking about my air stone :) no one can figure out why half my fish died and ive been workin overtime 6 days a week so i havent really had a chance to turn the stone off and watch the fish so thats what im goig to try on sunday...

Yeah, I follow... but I was suggesting you put the output of the canister just below the surface.... should alleviate any need for an air stone.

i get it ....just to swirl the top water ??? but not off gass

is that just to create water movement ??

ok i also have a large canister fi;ter that pumps 700 gph but i only put it on half flow so i have plenty of water movement ...

ill try moving the spray bar up just below the water....

another question.....my drop checker is like a teal color maybe a lil more on the green side but it is not like neon green like they show on google

how green does yours get....

It should be light green, close to yellow if you are getting CO2 where you want it.

Back
Top Bottom